Skip to main content
2180 E 4500 S. SUITE 150-N, HOLLADAY, UT 84117 | 801-618-4698

Iowa Registered Agent Info

Okay, here’s the scoop about finding a registered agent in Iowa.

Lots of businesses are on the web offering Iowa registered agent services. From the most massive of the disinterested and overpriced to the littlest, inexperienced local start-ups, you have a wide range of options when it comes to picking your Iowa registered agent. We’re not too big and we’re not too small. Our desire is to help you choose the registered agent that is just right for your Iowa business entity.

What are the restrictions or requirements I should know about my resident agent?

There are few requirements regarding who can act as your registered agent in Iowa. In particular, the entity or person acting as your registered agent must be available and located at an official street address within Iowa during typical business hours. They will be responsible to receive all legal and tax-related documents, annual report forms, litigation (service of process) documents, etc., on your behalf. It is critical that you choose a reliable company, like when choosing your registered agent.

How can having a registered agent help my company?

First and foremost, designating a registered agent keeps your company in compliance with Iowa state law. Also, we accept delivery of and scan any legal notice, service of process, letter, or annual report received into your client account locally here in Iowa. You receive instantaneous notification of any paperwork scanned into your Iowa resident agent online account.

As an added Iowa registered agent service, we also monitor your State annual report due date and forward you reminders with how-to links to submit your paperwork in a timely manner with Iowa.

What happens if I fail to maintain or don’t have a registered agent for my business?

There can be repercussions for failing to maintain your registered agent in Iowa. Fees may or may not be assessed. The Iowa Secretary of State may revoke your LLC or corporate certificate of authority if you fail to maintain your registered agent in Iowa.